Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Birthday Cake Oreo Truffles

                                           
 
 
So this weekend I went hiking.
 
Yes. You heard me right. HIKING. In the woods. Up a mountain.
 
And I slept up there in hut.
 
Now tell me, WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!
 
 I`m not sure I was in the correct mental state of mind when I agreed to this trip.
 
BTW, did you know how many scrapes and bruises you get on a hiking trip?
 
And man, I was COVERED in dirt!
 
The worst part was how stupid and clumsy I looked.
 
I fell like every two seconds. Super embarrassing!
 
But there was a gorgeous view...
 
 
Nice, right?
 
Now let's talk about birthday cake oreos.
 
I love those things.
 
Plus, they make great truffles with only 2 ingredients;
 
 
Gotta love those 2 ingredient recipes. (Not including dipping materials)
 
Best of all, it's no-bake, great for summer when you don't want to turn the oven on.


   Birthday Cake Oreo Truffles
   Makes about 15 truffles


           Ingredients:

  • About 20 birthday cake Oreos
  • 2 1/2 Tablespoons vanilla frosting (Add more or less depending on consistency.) 
  • 1 1/2 cups candy melts in a color of your choice. (I used white) 
  • Sprinkles or other decorations if desired

 Directions:

  1. Mash up your Oreos in a food processor until they are reduced to crumbles
  2. Put your Oreos in a bowl, and add the frosting, until you have a slightly doughy mixture
  3. Roll your dough into quarter-sized ball shapes, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
  4. Continue until all the dough is used, then place baking sheet in the fridge for 3-4 hours, or until firm.
  5. Melt your candy melts, and dip truffles into mix one by one until all balls are covered, decorating immediately after dipping.
 


 Hope you enjoyed! Please leave a comment telling me what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...