So this weekend I went hiking.
Yes. You heard me right. HIKING. In the woods. Up a mountain.
And I slept up there in hut.
Now tell me, WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!
I`m not sure I was in the correct mental state of mind when I agreed to this trip.
BTW, did you know how many scrapes and bruises you get on a hiking trip?
And man, I was COVERED in dirt!
The worst part was how stupid and clumsy I looked.
I fell like every two seconds. Super embarrassing!
But there was a gorgeous view...
Now let's talk about birthday cake oreos.
I love those things.
Plus, they make great truffles with only 2 ingredients;
Gotta love those 2 ingredient recipes. (Not including dipping materials)
Best of all, it's no-bake, great for summer when you don't want to turn the oven on.
Birthday Cake Oreo Truffles
Makes about 15 truffles
- About 20 birthday cake Oreos
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons vanilla frosting (Add more or less depending on consistency.)
- 1 1/2 cups candy melts in a color of your choice. (I used white)
- Sprinkles or other decorations if desired
- Mash up your Oreos in a food processor until they are reduced to crumbles
- Put your Oreos in a bowl, and add the frosting, until you have a slightly doughy mixture
- Roll your dough into quarter-sized ball shapes, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Continue until all the dough is used, then place baking sheet in the fridge for 3-4 hours, or until firm.
- Melt your candy melts, and dip truffles into mix one by one until all balls are covered, decorating immediately after dipping.
Hope you enjoyed! Please leave a comment telling me what you thought!