Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Bubble Gum Cupcakes


              
               I had a little girl's party to go to recently, and I offered to make the cupcakes.

So I asked her what flavor she wanted, thinking it would be like, ya know, vanilla or

something.  Clearly I do not know little girls.

She looked up at me, and yelled "Bubble Gum!"

"Uh, OK" I responded all stupidly, thinking, 'How am I going to make bubblegum cupcakes?"

The answer presented itself to me smack-dab in the middle of the baking aisle in Market

Basket.

          




I couldn't believe I had forgotten about this stuff!

Tell me you've heard of the Duncan Hines frosting creations.

This stuff has been all over the Internet, and I can't believe I had forgotten about it!

They have soo many flavor choices, my favorites being Cotton candy, cinnamon roll, and

mint chocolate. I can't wait to try them all!

And of course, they also had bubble gum!

 

Isn't it purdy?

Also, I had to make these gluten-free to accommodate everyone at the party, and this week

was too busy to make my own cake from scratch, so  I did some searching and found this:


Stonewall Kitchen Vanilla Cupcake mix!

I would have preferred a white cupcake for these particular cupcakes, but I had to make do

with what I had.

The cupcakes worked perfectly with the frosting!

I personally loved the frosting. It tasted just like bubblegum!
 

  Bubble Gum Cupcakes

Items needed:

  • 1 box white or vanilla cake mix
  • Items called for on the box
  • 1 can of Duncan Hines frosting starters
  • 1 packet of Duncan Hines bubble gum flavoring
  • Mini gumballs (I bought mine The Paper Store)
  •  
  1. Prepare your cupcakes as directed on the box.
  2. Mix your flavoring packet with your can of frosting. 
  3. Put your frosting in a piping bag, or just spread it with a knife.
  4. Frost your cupcakes.
  5. Decorate your cupcakes with your gumballs.
  6.  
     
    * FTC disclosure: Duncan Hines and Stonewall Kitchen did not provide me with anything, I bought it all myself, and all opinions are my own.
     
    Hope you enjoyed! Please leave a comment telling me what you thought!
     
     

 

 
 

                

  1.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...