I had a little girl's party to go to recently, and I offered to make the cupcakes.
So I asked her what flavor she wanted, thinking it would be like, ya know, vanilla or
something. Clearly I do not know little girls.
She looked up at me, and yelled "Bubble Gum!"
"Uh, OK" I responded all stupidly, thinking, 'How am I going to make bubblegum cupcakes?"
The answer presented itself to me smack-dab in the middle of the baking aisle in Market
I couldn't believe I had forgotten about this stuff!
Tell me you've heard of the Duncan Hines frosting creations.
This stuff has been all over the Internet, and I can't believe I had forgotten about it!
They have soo many flavor choices, my favorites being Cotton candy, cinnamon roll, and
mint chocolate. I can't wait to try them all!
And of course, they also had bubble gum!
Isn't it purdy?
Also, I had to make these gluten-free to accommodate everyone at the party, and this week
was too busy to make my own cake from scratch, so I did some searching and found this:
Stonewall Kitchen Vanilla Cupcake mix!
I would have preferred a white cupcake for these particular cupcakes, but I had to make do
with what I had.
The cupcakes worked perfectly with the frosting!
I personally loved the frosting. It tasted just like bubblegum!
Bubble Gum Cupcakes
- 1 box white or vanilla cake mix
- Items called for on the box
- 1 can of Duncan Hines frosting starters
- 1 packet of Duncan Hines bubble gum flavoring
- Mini gumballs (I bought mine The Paper Store)
- Prepare your cupcakes as directed on the box.
- Mix your flavoring packet with your can of frosting.
- Put your frosting in a piping bag, or just spread it with a knife.
- Frost your cupcakes.
- Decorate your cupcakes with your gumballs.
* FTC disclosure: Duncan Hines and Stonewall Kitchen did not provide me with anything, I bought it all myself, and all opinions are my own.
Hope you enjoyed! Please leave a comment telling me what you thought!