I went to Lake Winnapasake for 2 weeks and had a fabulous time, but I missed you guys
I'm sure you guys missed me too, right?
Yay, I'm loved :)
Anyways, I know blueberry pie filling is pretty basic, but since nice fresh blueberries are
in season right now, i figured I`d share a delicious recipe with you.
This filling has this delicious Cinnamon-nutmeg tang to it, and I know you guys are just gonna
I prepared this with a premade pie crust for the sake of ease and time, but you are welcome
make your own if you'd like
Blueberry Pie Filling
adapted from Food.com
- Combine 1 cup berries with 3/4 cup sugar in pan
- Simmer on low heat until sugar is melted and mixture is very liquid; about 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water in bowl
- Add to pan with blueberries.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to full boil and is clear and thick.
- Pour hot mixture into large bowl.Cool until warm
- Fold in remaining 3 cups of blueberries, lemon rind, cinnamon,nutmeg and butter
- Let cool before adding to pie crust.
- Add top crust and brush with egg wash, sprinkle with sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F but reduce heat to 375°F when you put pie in oven. Bake about 40 minutes. Check pie halfway through baking; cover edges with a strip of foil if edges are getting too brown