Yeah!! Summer is almost here!
And summer= Beach,lazy days, and trying endlessly to get a tan.
Ugghhh. Every summer I try sooo hard to just get a little tan. Just a little. That's all I ask.
Yeah umm pale Irish skin... Not the greatest thing in the world.
BUT fortunatly Bath amd Body Works just came out with this great new line of self-tanning
prouducts. Heaven in a bottle.
Now onto that beach body. These cheesecake bars aren`t exactly going to help with that.
Unfortunatly for you, these are crazy good. Forget about saturated fat. Just make them.
These are super easy too.
All you do is mix up your dough... good stuff on there people.
Knead it into a ball-like shape, and press it into your pan.
Begin your cheesecake. (nom nom)
Here`s where we`re getting serious. We are going to pour the cheesecake on top of the dough, and bake. Bake now I say!
And eat. :)
Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Bars
Adapted from Cookies and Cups
- 1 (17.5 oz) pouch sugar cookie mix
- 1 (4 serving size) box French Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 whole eggs + 3 egg yolks
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- *optional ~ 2/3 cup toffee bits, pulverized in blender or food processor
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix cookie mix, pudding mix, brown sugar, melted butter, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 whole egg with a spoon...when dough started coming together I used my hands to knead it.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, using hand or stand mixer, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, sour cream, the remaining whole egg and three yolks and 2 tsp vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over top the cookie base.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until center is set.
- While bars are baking pulverize your toffee bits in blender or food processor.
- Sprinkle on bars immediately upon removing from oven.
- Let cool on wire rack 30-45 minutes and then cover and transfer to refrigerator to continue cooling for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Store in refridgerator.