Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Single Layer Chocolate Cake


 Thanksgiving is right around the corner!
 I can't believe it. I am SUPER excited for turkey day. I mean, it's a holiday all about food! What could possible be better than that? Absolutely nothing in my book. My favorite thing about thanksgiving is being with my family, and having dessert.
Thanksgiving tends to be associated with pumpkin desserts, and while I love pumpkin anything, this single layer chocolate cake would be a great addition to your dessert table to mix things up a bit.

           This cake is moist, and has a nice, tender crumb.You could top it with ganache, or frosting. I used this frosting recipe, and cut it in half. I think it is my new favorite chocolate frosting recipe. It comes together in a snap, and is super creamy and delicious. Go try it out for yourself!
 

 
 

Single layer chocolate cake
Adapted from thefrugalgirl.com


Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter(softened)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and grease one 9" round cake pan.

Mix all the dry ingredients together in the bowl of a mixer.
Add the milk, butter and vanilla. Beat on low until combined, then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Add the eggs, and beat for 2 additional minutes.
Pour batter into prepared cake pan, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

This cake takes no more than 10 minutes, and comes together in a snap. Not to mention it's delicious! Enjoy!


@glitterpies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...